Monday 12 May 2008

Bimini Road - Inspirational music

Over the months, I've been thinking of songs and sounds that reflect the material we've been experimenting with and developing.

Below is the track list for a CD I've made for the company. Think of it is a source for inspiration. I hope it sparks some ideas while we create the world of "Bimini Road:"

1. Not Having Found - The Dirty Projectors
2. Darkness - Scott Walker
3. Crazy for You - Slowdive
4. Spirit Fingers - Four Tet
5. Untrue - Burial
6. Cue - Scott Walker
7. Heart and Soul - Joy Division
8. Kappsta- Fields
9. Feeling Yourself Disintegrate - The Flaming Lips
10. Heatherwood - Deerhunter
11. I'm Not There (1956) - Bob Dylan
12. When We Two Parted - The Afghan Whigs
13. Orpheus - Scott Walker

Some of these we used in early research experiments. Some have recently sprung to mind as the piece grows.

I guess this is me missing being a radio deejay.

Enjoy,

Tim

No comments: